Remember–The Filing period for PA 490 is Sept. 1 to Oct. 31
Do you own Farmland, Forest Land or Open Space?
In 1963, The Connecticut General Assembly enacted Public Act 63-490, an act concerning the taxation and preservation of farm, forest or open space, commonly referred to as “PA 490.”
Public Act 490 is Connecticut’s Current-Use Tax Law for Farmland, Forest Land and Open Space Land–one of the most important laws to help preserve an agricultural, forest, and natural resource land base in Connecticut.
For more than 35 years Connecticut Farm Bureau Association has published a “PA 490 Guide,” a practical guide that provides an overview of PA 490 for landowners, assessors, government officials, and others wanting to understand how this law is applied.
PA 490 Applications and Additional Information:
- New: 2020 Recommended Land Use Values
- 2015 Recommended Land Use
- M-29 Application to the Assessor for Classification of Land as Farm Land (Rev 2014)
- M-39 Application to the Assessor for Classification of Land as Forest Land (Rev. 2014)
- M-30 Application to the Assessor for Classification of Land as Open Space (Rev. 2014)
- M-30A Application to the Assessor for Exemption of Open Space Land Owned by a Tax Exempt Organization
- M-66 Application to the Assessor for Classification of Land as Maritime Heritage Land
- DEEP-F-490 Annual Report to State Forester
- Connecticut DEEP Regulations PA490 Forest Land
- Towns offering PA 490 Open Space Classification